The healthy kitchen miracle for baking and cooking
Paidol has been a traditional, tried-and-tested aid for talented cooks for more than 100 years. Paidol, however, is not only a kitchen classic, but is also appropriate for high nutritional physiological demands. It is used today as it was in old times for toddler diets and for special dietary needs.
Because of Paidol’s special composition, it can thicken soups and sauces and make dough of all types loose and crumbly. Paidol is a special type of kitchen helper.
Recipes with Paidol
Healthy baking and cooking
Paidol thickens soups and sauces, mousses, desserts and puddings and fluffs up dumplings, homemade noodles, soufflés, purées, omelettes, glazes for flans and all kinds of dough. Paidol is also an ideal mild diet for convalescence and is the base for baby bottles and pureed foods. Paidol consists predominantly of Swiss wheat semolina, which in addition to starch also contains proteins and fats. Millet semolina, an important nutrient for bone- and hair growth and wheat germ with valuable vitamins and trace elements are added.
Tips and tricks
- Get all of the ingredients ready before baking
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon always means level.
- Always roll dough out on Paidol – you will prevent the dough from the annoying sticking that way.
- Always preheat the baker’s oven.
- Don’t grease the baking forms with liquid fats, use semisoft fat.
- Shake Paidol on the greased form.
- Egg whites cannot be beaten stiff if there is fat in the bowl or on the whisk. Never overbeat the egg whites – they should not become fluffy. You will always get good results if you beat in a small amount of sugar (approximately 5 g per egg white).
- Bake dough with beaten egg whites immediately, do not let it rest. The same applies to dough that contains baking powder.
- Bake light baked goods (with beaten egg whites) for a short time at low top heat; if they get too brown, cover them with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Do not let light baked goods, in particular tortes, cool down too quickly: Turn off the oven, open the door and don’t take them out until a little time has elapsed.
- If no other instructions are given, let a completely baked cake stand in the form for approximately 10 minutes before turning it onto a rack. Remove small baked goods from the baking sheet while still hot.